After 5 weeks of being in the shop, the bus has finally been fixed! DI Performance did the repair, and after driving it around for a couple of days, so far, so good! I was able to pick the bus up Monday and I was able to turn the engine off/on with out any issues.
Now the "fun" work can begin! I dropped the bus off with Harbros Inc, who specializes in party bus customization on Wednesday.
They will begin the process of customizing the interior of the bus. The items we discussed to be completed over the next 2-3 weeks will be:
- Install new upholstery with lime green and black vinyl
- Install of LED lights under the seats and above the seats that will shine on the interior roof
- Paint the interior black. They will cover up all the blue areas and any other area that hadn't been painted yet
- Re-position and installation of new radio with Bluetooth, USB and Aux outlet capabilities. Radio will be moved closer towards the middle of the bus by the trash can/cooler.
- Installation of 4 cameras and DVR for security purposes. The cameras will be in position of a dash cam, camera facing the driver, camera facing the cab where passengers will be and a rearview camera to also help in the assistance when moving the bus in reverse
- Fabrication and install of handrails across the roof inside the bus
- Install of a 110 outlet by the driver seat for phone charging usage
- Find and fix the leaks coming from the roof of the bus causing water to get inside
I am very excited that this type of work is finally happening and we are a few more steps closer to seeing the finished product.
The company will be taking pictures throughout the process and sending them over, so I will eventually be able to post those pictures on the site to see the conversion from start to finish.